Today we had our second club visit from District Governor Glade Hamilton. Glade was here to present the club with a banner in recognition for being the second highest per capita (nearly $400 per person)in the district in giving to the Rotary Foundation last year. He went on to describe the impact of the Foundation in improving the lives of many around the world.
Jon Braaten led us in another rousing round of horseplay.
We summarized yesterday's board meeting as follows:
1. The board reviewed the current club checkbook balance and decided not to move any additional funds to the club's foundation yet but to wait until after fair parking (our major fundraiser) in August.
2. The board accepted the resignation of Treasurer Melanie Florence effective June 30 and appointed Brooke Valantine as Treasurer for the next Rotary Year beginning July 1.
3. Mike Empey gave a status report on the Shivwits project. Mike and Ron Ragan are meeting with the Shivwits Band Council on 3/3 to discuss the shade shelter.
4. Egor provided an update on the global grant project in Puerto Penansco to provide clean water to all schools.
5. Lil provided an update on the car show. The main things being worked on at this time are lining up sponsors and developing the website. Save the date cards were provided to the Hurricane club to put in the participant packages for their Easter weekend car show.
6. I provided an overview of starting a new club in Kanab and the possibility of our club being their sponsor.
To those of you who weren't there, we missed you!