- Utah Rotary District Governor Michael Wells and his wife Karlene
- Southwest region Utah Rotary Assistant Governor Linda Sappington
- Rotarian Joseph from Olympia Washington club - exchanged flags
New Member applicants - none at the moment but still waiting for Tracy Welsh application to come in (Tim?), Sommer needs to bite the bullet and join already, Tat Chan is wrapping up the move of Habitat Restore to the old Albertsons and once he is done we will talk him into joining
New Member Inductees - none
Member Departures - none this week.
Theme - Youth
- Lil did a Rotary Minute about RYLA
Shivwitz Project - we are all set for Saturday morning 10/11/14 at 9:00AM at the Shivwitz Reservation to clear weeds and put down 4" layer of little rubber things to prevent injury to kids that fall off the playground equipment.
Frank presided over horse play - as usual we had some fun. Thank you Frank.
Governor Michael gave an inspiring presentation of what Rotary stands for and shared some personal thoughts:
- This year we will Light Up Rotary
- Don't be a hog, invite your friends and family to join Rotary so we can multiply the good we do
- TRF (The Rotary Foundation) is lifeblood of good works, be generous
- Governor shared a personal moment of a scare he and Karlene had when he attended dental school that definitely made him believe that he needs to make a difference in his life
- Saturday, October 11, 9:00AM, Shivwitz Reservation playground cleanup
- Monday, October 20th, 11:30AM - 1:00PM, an All Clubs meeting at Abbey Inn to hear Bif, the new president of DSU, share his vision for the university. The charge is $12 per person, payable at the door
- October 20th - Teri got Dixie High School to play a couple Rotary Polio videos on Channel 1 in school and then have Interact Club do purple pinkies fundraiser - thank you Teri
- October 24/25, Friday (12pm-7pm)/Saturday (10am-5pm), Red Rock Rotary booth at Spookytown/Taste of Dixie - come dressed in a Halloween costume
- October 25 8:30am - participate in DSU SpookyTown parade - Lil?
- October 25 10am hanging Christmas lights at Tuacahn, St George Rotary will provide breakfast
Members that were not there, we missed you.
Those of you not yet members of our club - you are missing out on being a contributor to a better place to live locally and globally. Come join us and find food for your soul through volunteer activities.