- Bill, a Rotarian from Carson City NV club
- Greg Zemp from Noon St George Club, looking for a club that fits his schedule
- Sommer and Wendy (Sommer should just join and get it over with)
- Jeff Fisher, our presenter, with Tuacahn
New Member applicants - none at the moment but still waiting for Tracy Welsh application to come in (Tim?) and Sommer needs to bite the bullet and join already
New Member Inductees - Angie Bullets (sponsored by Scott "the recruitment machine" Florence). Welcome Angie - she had a fast start - her daughter attended RYLA this past weekend.
Member Departures - it is with great sorrow that we see Lani Puriri attend her last meeting. Lani has been a member of our club for a very long time and she not only contributed her own endless hours to make our club what it is today but she also enlisted her husband Ra and their children. We could not have gotten where we are as a club without her support. Lani is moving to New Zealand at end of year where she will be joining a Rotary Club. We are all looking forward to seeing Lani again as a guest when she comes stateside. Thank you Lani from the bottom of our hearts and may your hopes be realized in the new land.
Theme - Youth - they need positive inspiration and ROTARY is there with RYLA and other programs.
- We watched a video put together by youth from Canada talking about the HOPE that Rotary brings to youth that with their help the world can be a better place.
- Thank you Teri for recruiting 2 RYLA kids, our club committed to send 1, a 100% improvement
- Thank you Kathleen for taking the time out of your life and being a RYLA chaperon, we cannot wait for you to share your experience at the next club meeting
- Thank you Pam for a great vocational tour of Dixie Middle School - awesome school
- Thank you Frank for spearheading the dictionary project - 420+ happy kids!!!
Presented member recruitment pin to Lil Barron (I even spelled it right) for sponsoring Johnny Olsen as a new member in July.
Dictionary Project - All dictionaries have been distributed. PLEASE send your pictures to me so I can post them on our website.
Tim presided over horse play - as usual we had some fun. Sommer was present but I guess not in the mood to make people blush.
Jeff Fisher with Tuacahn played a video of what Tuacahn is all about (#1 high school in Washington County, about 300 students, $10 million budget for the plays they put on with 40+ professional Broadway performers, Tuacahn is THE destination for performers now). Then he covered the basics of the RAP tax initiative which would add a penny for every $10 spent (excluding food) and fund Recreation, Arts and Parks in Washington County - it is a big thing as far as impact on our quality of life and a very small thing as far as impact on your pocketbook - Vote Yes (never thought I would support any tax at all but there is a first time for everything).
- Saturday, October 11, tentative, Shivwitz Reservation playground cleanup
- Monday, October 20th, 11:30AM - 1:00PM, an All Clubs meeting at Abbey Inn to hear Bif, the new president of DSU, share his vision for the university (by that time he would have met Steve Johnson so this should be interesting :) ).
- Week of October 20th - Rotary Days - we are still planning on doing a Purple Pinkies Activity
- October 24/25, Friday/Saturday, Red Rock Rotary booth at Spookytown/Taste of Dixie
Members that were not there, we missed you.
Those of you not yet members of our club - you are missing out on being a contributor to a better place to live locally and globally. Come join us and find food for your soul through volunteer activities.